Moved to Tampa as a young man.
Moved about 1855 to Tampa.
Bartholomew raised a family of three children, and was active in community affairs throughout his life. He was a member
of the first brass band organized in Tampa in 1860. In 1866, he was elected to the City Council, and became the first member to serve on the council bearing an Italian name.
In 1874 the need for a Catholic cemetery was met when B. C. Leonardi and wife Mary deeded to the Roman Catholic bishop
of St. Augustine one acre joining the Tampa burial ground on the north. It was then as now known as St. Louis cemetery, taking its name after the first Catholic church built in Tampa. A fence with a double gate long divided.
"Although the name appears as "Bartolo Leonardy" in the record of marriage and as "Bart. Calhoun Leonardy" in the parish register, his son, Bartholomew Calhoun Leonardi, sites that the correct name is Pablo del Pilar
Leonardi. . . " DGH>Files>Bartolome Family CPR Baptisms Index Bk. IV University of South Florida Special Collections Biographical Census of Hills. Co, FL 1850 Leonardi
Received from Marti Patton via Doug Halsema. Created by Marti's mother, Grace Eugenia Prior.