- Born about 1620 - Loppersum, GR, NL
- Died in 1689
- Age at death: possibly 69 years old
Married on 22 January 1654, Loppersum, GR, NL, to Antje Brundts ca 1620-1682/1683, with
- van Halsema, Gerard
DE OUDSTE GENERATIES VAN HALSEMA, by Ds. G. van Halsema Thzn.
Yearbook ISSN: 0165-8840 (possibly the year 1989 or 1990)
The first husband of Antje Brundts is Derck Halsema. She married him on 7 Oct 1638 in Loppersum. He was born around 1610 and was farmer on "Lutke Ham", Roman Catholic and son of Garbrant Halsema, farmer and zijlrechter in Loppersumand Jeye(16). He was the widower of Grietje Sijmnes from Stedum, whom he married on 31 May 1635.
In 1652 Derck Halsema dies and is buried south of the church of Loppersum. The writing on his grave has been kept by the family. It reads: "Anno 1652 den 20 Dec. is die Eerbare Derck Halsem christelijk in den Heeren gerustetvoorwachtende een frolicke operstandinge door Christum". Derck Halsema en Antje Brundts had three children(17). The family of Derck Halsema lived in 1608 already in "Lutke Ham(18).
Related endnotes (16, 17, 18)
(16) Gemeente Archief Groningen, rechterlijke archieven III hh 1: on 23 Jun 1652 Derck Halsema is sworn in as guardian of the two underage children of Doe Halsema (deceased), born from Trijntien. After the death of Derck Halsema,his brother-in-law Rinne Onnes takes his place as guardian.
Rijksarchief Groningen, collection Cremers, inv. Nr. 24: According to the marriage contract of 23 Aug 1640, before the Mayor and council of Groningen, Doede Halsema is a son of Garbrant Halsema and Jeye and resides in Loppersom. Heis (beer) brewer in Groningen.
His widow, Trijntje Sybolts, daughter of Sybolt Jacobs and Aeltjen ten Hoevel, marries Jan Staal on 12 May 1652. Rinne Onnes hails from Kloosterburen. He marries on 11 Jun 1643 in Loppersum with Hijlke Halsema, a sister of Derck andDoede Halsema.
Rijksarchief Groningen, collection Cremers, inv. Nr. 109: According to an act of 10 Mar 1662, enacted before Gregoriius Kekerbaert in Loppersom, they are co-heirs of Garbrant Halsema and Jeye.
Fanilie Archief Van Halsema, in the Marriage Contract of Jacob Cornelis of Garmerwolde and Grietien Halsema of Lutke Ham in Loppersum, daughter of Derck Halsema and Anna Brundts, Rinne Onnes is listed as present and uncle on thebride?s side. A certain Helmich Halsema is named as unrelated guardian. This act took place on Eikemaheerd at Loppersum before jonker Rudolph de Mepsche on 4 Feb 1662.
(17) This can be deduced from the Marriage Contract mentioned in note 16 of 4 Feb 1662 and also frm the "letter of separation" between Frerick Harckens and his stepchildren and own children after the death of Antje Brundts beforejonker Jan de Mepsche on Aylkumaheerd in Loppersum which took place on 23 Feb 1683. ... The names of the children are:
a. Bront Halsema, born Loppersum abt 1640, died after 23 Feb 1683, farmer, RC, engagement in Loppersum on 24 Feb 1666 with martien Bouwes, lived in Oosterwijtewerd, is mentioned in 1683 as spouce of Seijcke Pieters. He had at leastone child from the first of two marriages.
b. Grietien Halsema, born in Loppersom abt 1642, died after 23 Feb 1683, RC, married in Loppersum on 9 Feb 1662 with Jacob Cornelis van Garmerwolde, born abt 1630 died after 23 Feb 1683, farmer, RC, son of Cornelis Jansen, farmer,and Hictien Cornelis. On the farm in Garmerwolde Roman Catholic services are held in secret. They lived in Krewerd. One daughter from this marriage.
c. Jacob Halsema, born in Loppersum abt 1645, died after 23 Feb 1683, farmer, RC, engaged in Loppersum on 15 Mar 1673 with Hilje Harckens of Godlinze. From this marriage several children.
(18) This family is related to the Halsemas who lived in the North-western part of the province, (Hunsingo) in the 16th and 17th century. In 1608 Hayko Halsema and Geert Jacobs lived in the building on Lutke Ham at Loppersum.Rijksarchief Groningen, archief Hoge Justitiekamer (here called HJK) 1353. This same Hayko Halsema is mentioned in several different acts of HJK, for example in 858 fol 3, vo, 859 fol. 77 vo, ... Hayko Halsema as provisionalguardian over the under age children of Jacob Halsema, (deceased) and Trijnje, Eysso Jullens in Wehe and Rinje Tammens in Zuurdijk, dares to swear that he is guardian. HJK 858, fol 273 and 317.
In 1648 Hayko dies (see also HJK 1784) and then Garbrant Halsema is one of the guardians for Hayko?s children. Permission is given to sell 43.5 acres of beklemd [burdened] land located in one piece "in Halsema Heerdt totCloosterburen" as well as 11.5 grass land in Loppersum and Wittewierum. HJK 878, fol 548 vo.
During the resale [?] of 31 Jan -- 7 Feb 1649 Rinje Tammens is buyer of 43.5 acres of land from Hoycke Halsema, in one piece located in Kloosterburen in HalsemaHeerd and where Rinje Tammes is renting the building. HJK 1354, fol 89.In the same resale is also sold the buildings of Hayko Halsema with barn, garden, etc near Loppersum. With the buildings belong 8 grass lands bordering on the east on the Wijmers and 4.5 grass land near Garrelsweer.
Buyer for 4000 carolus guilders is "Garrant Halsema tot Loppersum als fetter [cousin]" HJK 1354, fol 337.
Page displayed by
(c) Copyright 2002 INRIA - DOC -